Tuesday 4 January 2011

04/01/2011 11:51am

Dear Diary,

I am feeling very frustrated today have just been in tears.  Woke up in pain again, had a rough night was up 4 times during the night with no one to help me.  The pain is really bad in my left hip, lower back, right shoulder, kneck, my right hand is numb, and my right foot is numb, my spasms are increasing.

Called the Heath Hospital rheumatology department today to see where I am on the waiting list, they said they needed a letter from my GP stating it was a priority for me to be seen, I found this quite strange as when I called them about a month ago they said the same thing so I telephoned my GP who faxed through the letter to them.  I just feel like I am being messed about, so I explained to the secretary this had already been done, she then proceeded to say that she is not a Doctor when I was explaining my issues and pain, I stated that I understand she is not a Doctor however "as you have explained that I need a letter from my GP stating I am a priority I was just advising you of my condition so that you could reiterate it to the Rheumatologist" she then replied oh yes I can do that.  I was so angered and frustrated that I could not say Goodbye.

I then telephoned my Consultant Psych who was unavailable so I was put through to a duty officer and advised her of my frustration, my DLA has been stopped, this means I am unable to pay for other carers to take care of me, I had to wake my son up to help me this morning with my medication, it is not fair to him.

I feel as though I am beating my head against a brick wall all of these services are in place and yet nothing seems to be moving forward.  I feel so frustrated all I can do is cry to God and pray.

12:30

Made a call to my Physiotherapist to see when she will give me therapy this month and tried to contact my Occupational Therapist too both not available, will get a call back so they say lets hope so anyway it is so hard for me to be positive right now, with so much going wrong, I wish I could go private.


There must be some hope and trust I need to focus on my prize being fit and healthy, working and being normal.

16:28

I am woken up by my mobility social worker, she has been able to find grant application from for me to be able to purchase a mobility scooter when my car is taken from me on the 14th that is great news thanks be to God.  The sad news is I applied for a membership at the charity itself.  She then proceeded to ask about my care plan from the homecare received, I requested a copy of this so that I can send this along as extra evidence with my case, they are able to show how ill I am and how many days and what they have to do for me.  However the ending of the conversation ticked me off as she said she had sent a form to my GP to find out exactly what I suffer with, although my diagnosis's were given to me in 2008 and have not changed.  I know my GP gets rather irratated by the paper work he is expected to fill out, one time he stated "I am not a social worker."    


It is in the file, it has not changed Fibromyalgia and Sickle Cell Trait along with Adjustment Reaction Disorder and depression there you have it.


My pain is still agonising thank God for my Mum and son he went to the shops and we all had chips and beef that my Mum cooked delicious.

Gonna say our family prayers now and off to the land of Nod.

Neither my Mum or son can hear me when I call so I used my community alarm to reach them, my Mum is asleep bless still jet lagged, my son came to me though, and helped me with a pain patch and prayer Isaiah 53 being our scripture tonight


Nighty Nite xx

No comments:

Post a Comment