Wednesday 2 February 2011

02/02/2011

Dear Diary,

God is so good, had a hard day yesterday thankful to my Mum, CJ and Dalisha who helped to push me around in my wheelchair as I had to make requests to local businesses for their support with gifts in kind to contribute for www.theredballandredparty.com.

For the first time since it has been built I got to see the new shopping centre.  It is awesome and I caught up with my old Judo instructor too who is a security guard he has not aged at all!  

To end the evening off my Mum treated CJ and I we went to see "The Mechanic" starring Jason Statham he is a handsome manly man.

Thankful to God for his encouragement this morning on UCB Daily Reading, http://www.ucb.co.uk/word_for_today, talking about God's promises to us, this was my medicine, a promise I'm tired of being let down in life people saying they will be there for you and they are not, granted everyone has responsibilities, but it gets so hard at times to hear the negative no's as a friend of mine calls it.

So for the first time in a long time I had to use a bus, we very nearly missed it my son is soo strong he raced me from the top of Wood street to the gate of the Millenium Stadium.

The bus driver looked a little peeved but he was not rude, he lowered the bus, pulled the ramp down, we got on the bus I tried not to look at the people on the bus so that I would not panick, however then we were on the wrong side of the bus; when you are in a wheelchair you should automatically go the right of the bus.  Well... silly me was on the left, so the driver told me I'd have to move to the other side, but there was a gentleman standing on the right of the bus, he had his headphones on listening to music, so the driver said to him.."Oi mate you need to move to the other side!" so he looked at the driver in an off key manner, the driver then raised his voice in a more commanding manner repeating "You need to move to the other side of the bus, so we can get the wheelchair in there!" so this guy says to the driver "But she is over there?" to which the driver replies to the gentleman "Yes but that side is for pushchairs so you need to move to the other side of the bus!"

I started to feel so embarassed, the bus is packed with people, I have already been a bother because of the time it took to get me on the bus, I just wanted to curl up into a ball.  We finally switch sides, and I just keep my head down, place my parker hood over my head and try to hide till it's time to get off the bus.

When we reached home I was in alot of pain from sitting in the one position for so long, my chair has no cushions or suspension, so I feel the pain of every bump.

When I think my life is hard, I look at what's happening in Egypt and am reminded to be grateful for small pleasures, my life could be worse, I have a warm home, clothes on my back, food on the table, a beautiful son, caring mother and family.  I must just remember not to be anxious, fearful or get panicky to just stay focused everything will be ok, its in my masters hand.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment